Jazz camp west program
The majestic setting mixed with musical immersion, inspiration, encouragement and support set the stage for magic at Jazz Camp WEST. Jazz Camp West offers:
- The chance for you to create a personal schedule from over 120 classes offered each day!
- Instrumental, vocal, and dance classes for the complete beginner or the seasoned professional.
- Musical styles including traditional and contemporary jazz, blues, Latin, Brazilian, Afro-Cuban, funk, and gospel.
- An extensive Instrumental Program including instruction in piano, guitar, bass, drums, reeds, percussion, steel drums and specialty instruments. In addition to Combos; jazz and Latin big band; theory and ear training; and performance workshops. We also offer an Advanced Instrumental Track and Advanced Piano Intensive.
- A Vocal Program including over 20 classes with instruction in broad range of subjects including: improvisation, (scatting), singing with a professional trio, jazz ensemble, repertoire and our All-Camp Gospel Choir. We also offer an advanced Vocal Intensive.
- A Dance Program including six class a day in jazz, salsa, Rueda and hip-hop.
- Specialty classes in performance anxiety, ukulele orchestra and songwriting.
- The opportunity to perform with students and faculty before a live audience at Open Mic.
- Phenomenal nightly faculty concerts in a beautiful outdoor amphitheater.
- Nightly jam sessions, and our outdoor jazz film series, Cinema al Fresco.
Enhance your musical network and create new inspiring relationships with teachers, colleagues and friends.